Monday, April 25, 2011

Rise and Shine Yoga



















We started our week back to school from vacation with a very energizing, yet relaxing yoga class. Everyone set their intention for class while thinking about the fact that there are only 42 more days of school left! We reviewed "being in our breath awareness," and introduced "breath of fire." Our set today was a yoga story called "walk in the woods." We encountered many different animals on our walk, ask your child to tell you about some of them. For our game today,we participated in a trust circle. Check out the video, we will be doing this activity again because so many yogis want their turn at being in the middle of the circle. Also, there is a new gadget called, "desk strategies." I am creating a list of yoga strategies for students to useat their desks, during the day. Finally, Mr. Williams has set me up with a Twitter account. When I figure out how to use that, I will be tweeting about yoga. I can't wait!



Thanks for sharing your children with me!



Mrs. Williams













No comments:

Post a Comment